Last updated December 2023
Best Online Keno Casinos In Canada 2023
Interested in playing online Keno? Then, this article is for you!
The ancient Chinese game of Keno has been around for over two millennia and is now available worldwide, both offline and in Keno online casinos.
This article will provide all the info you need about:
- The basics of the game of Keno.
- The different types of Keno you’ll come across in online casinos.
- Tips & strategies that’ll help you win in online Keno.
The Top Online Casinos With Keno To Play At 2023
Our Selection Of The Best Online Keno Casinos In Canada 2023
Here’s our list of the top Canadian online casinos that feature Keno games:
|Slotimo||🥇 Best Overall Online Keno Casino for Canadians|
|Betonic||🤩 Most Unique Keno Online Games|
|Bingo Bonga||🤑 Best Keno Cashback Welcome Bonus|
|HotBet||✨ Best Keno Online Casino User Interface|
|Boomerang||🎱 Largest Selection of Online Keno Games|
|Playzilla||💳 Best Keno Online Casino Payment Methods|
|Thrillsy||💎 Best Online Keno Casino Reload Bonus|
Top 5 Keno Online Casinos In Canada 2023
Let’s take a closer look at the top five Keno online casinos in Canada. Each one offers a great online Keno experience and unique features that distinguish it from others.
Slotimo: The Top Overall Choice For Online Keno In Canada
- Slotimo offers several different online Keno games, such as Book of Keno.
- Has a very user-friendly and easy-to-navigate interface with an appealing design.
- Provides several options for deposits and withdrawals, including Canadian-favourite Interac.
- Features a very lucrative welcome bonus, along with multiple daily & weekly promos.
- Has an experienced and helpful customer support team that you can reach via the 24/7 live chat.
- Provides a complete casino experience, including several games other than Keno
Betonic: Exclusive Online Keno Games
- Betonic has an extensive catalogue of unique Keno games like Keno Rush and VIP Keno.
- Features one of the best customer support teams that’s available 24/7 with rapid responses.
- Offers a great welcome package for new Keno players with deposit matches and free spins.
- You get access to tons of payment options for your transactions, including a few cryptocurrencies.
- The online website is very easy to browse through without any lags or stutters.
- Betonic has one of the fastest sign-up processes among online Keno casinos in Canada.
Bingo Bonga: Excellent Cashback Bonus For Online Keno Players
- Bingo Bonga gives you access to popular online Keno games such as Lucky Keno.
- Features a unique daily cashback bonus of up to 20% on your total deposits.
- Has a very mobile-friendly website that you can easily use from your phone or tablet.
- Offers a large variety of banking options, including multiple popular e-wallets.
- Provides a thorough VIP program that allows you to collect points and increase your cashback.
- The Bingo Bonga customer support is available 24/7 through live chat, phone or email.
HotBet: Top User Interface Among Keno Online Casinos
- HotBet Casino provides multiple options for online Keno, with popular titles like The Candy Keno.
- Features the best online user interface for an effortless browsing experience with little to no lagging.
- Offers a helpful customer support service that’s accessible 24/7 through the chat icon.
- Provides several rewarding promos & bonuses, including a huge welcome package for new Keno players.
- Has multiple payment methods for secure and fast transactions, including popular e-wallets and cryptos.
- HotBet also features an extensive sports betting section to go along with its Keno offerings.
Boomerang: Wide Variety Of Online Keno Games To Choose From
- Boomerang offers the largest selection of Keno games, including Jungle Keno, Tutan Keno, and Super Keno.
- Offers a reliable and safe payment system that incorporates dozens of options, including some cryptos.
- Is very inclusive, with multiple language options for the website and currency options for payments.
- Has a modern and exciting user interface, with a visually-appealing design and stunning animations.
- Offers multiple bonuses for both new and existing customers, including deposit matches, cashbacks, and free spins.
- Features a detailed VIP system with multiple tiers and great rewards for loyal customers.
What To Look For In The Best Keno Online Casinos With Real Money
Playing online games like Keno for real money can be thrilling and even earn you a large amount of money. In order to get the best experience, though, you need to choose the right casino to play in. Here are some of the most important factors to look out for when selecting an online Keno casino:
- Variety of Keno Games:
You should always ensure your online casino of choice offers several different Keno games. This way, you can enjoy multiple variations of the game or simply choose a game with different graphics and animations.
- Lucrative Bonuses & Promos:
Every successful online Keno casino offers multiple promotions and bonuses for new and existing players. Through these bonuses, you can enjoy more playing time without investing additional funds.
- Reasonable Terms & Conditions for Bonuses:
Always read the terms and conditions on every bonus you use to ensure their fairness. After all, you don’t want to win large prizes only to find out you can’t withdraw due to bonus rollover requirements.
- Access to Live Casino:
While standard table versions of Keno are always fun, having access to a live dealer section is always a plus. This way, you can play games while chatting with other players and live dealers across the world.
- Helpful Customer Support Team:
No casino is perfect, and you may run into issues with your account at some point. That’s where a helpful customer support team that’s available 24/7 comes in handy.
- Plethora of Payment Methods:
To accommodate more players, casinos should provide multiple transaction options. Whenever you search for a new Keno online casino, always ensure it supports your preferred payment methods.
- Casino Safety & Licence:
The best online Keno casinos will prioritize the security of their player base. When choosing an online casino, make sure you go for a licensed provider that also features proper encryption throughout its website.
Step-By-Step Guide To Create An Account And Play Online Keno Games
Registering with a new Keno online casino in Canada is very quick and simple, even if you’ve never created an online account before. Here are the few easy steps you need to take to create your account with the Slotimo casino or any other provider and start playing immediately!
Step 1: Sign Up For A New Account
Navigate to the Slotimo official website and click on the “Register” button at the top right corner. Complete your email address, and choose your username and password. Then fill in your personal and contact information, and create your account.
Step 2: Make Your First Deposit
After you’ve created your account, you’ll be redirected to the Cashier to top up your account. Choose your preferred payment method from an extensive list that includes credit/debit cards, Interac, popular e-wallets, and cryptos. Fill in the amount you want to deposit, along with any financial details necessary, and complete the transaction.
Step 3: Claim A Bonus
Browse through the “Promotions” tab at the top of the Slotimo home page, where you’ll find the complete list of available bonuses and promos. Before you choose one, don’t forget to go over its terms and conditions and ensure you understand them. Don’t hesitate to contact customer support if you have any questions.
Step 4: Start Playing Online Keno Games
Now that your account is ready and topped up, it’s time to start playing! Navigate to the “Casino” page, check out Slotimo’s selection of online Keno games, and find the one you want. Once the game loads, determine your bet size and enjoy playing!
What Is The Keno Game And Where Does It Come From?
Keno is a very popular numbers game that shares similarities with games like bingo and can be found in most modern casinos and lotteries.
The game’s origins can be traced back to China. It’s believed the game was invented as a means to raise funds to strengthen an ancient city’s military and save it from war. Due to the game’s immense popularity, it even helped raise public funds for the Great Wall of China.
Eventually, the game was introduced to the West and became an instant hit. By the mid-19th century, the game had been renamed to “Keno” and had become a very popular game for gamblers in Texas.
The Basics of Keno
In its essence, the game of Keno is very simple, which is what makes it so widespread. It’s very similar to a lottery or bingo game, where the player chooses a set of unique numbers. If they match one or more from a random set of numbers, the player wins a specific amount of money.
The random numbers are drawn using a traditional air machine or a random number generator (RNG) in modern casinos. Each venue has its own unique payout tables that determine how much money each player wins.
Keno 101: Essential Rules & How To Play
While the essential rules of Keno are very few and easy to understand, keep in mind that there may be slight differences among online casinos.
In general, the game’s objective is to choose the correct set from a pool of usually 80 numbers. You pick your own set of 1-10 numbers, and when you’ve locked in your decision, the draw happens. Depending on how many number matches you have, you’ll win corresponding prizes.
Sample Keno Game
Now, let’s have a look at a sample Keno game, so you can better understand the small details of the game:
- Step 1: Choose your preferred Keno game if there are multiple variants available.
- Step 2: Pick the bet size that you’ll use for each card (e.g. $1 bet per card).
- Step 3: Choose the numbers of cards you want to play (usually ranging between 1 to 5).
- Step 4: Determine the set of numbers you want to wager on (will usually range between 1 to 10).
- Step 5: Lock in your number choice and hit the “Draw” button.
That’s it! Now you just have to wait and see if you win! In modern Keno online casinos, you’ll find out your payout immediately. However, in a traditional Keno game, you’ll have to figure out if you’ve won by yourself.
The Most Important Keno Terms
|Air machine||An electronic machine that uses pressurized air to shuffle and draw random numbers in a game of Keno.|
|Caller||A casino or lottery employee who is responsible for announcing the lucky numbers that come out as the draw happens.|
|Catch||When a number you chose matches one of the drawn numbers. There are also specific “catches” for a certain amount of matching numbers, such as “Catch 3” when you get 3 matches.|
|Drawing||The process of choosing the random winning numbers. Drawing can be done using a random number generator or air machine.|
|Hit||When one of the numbers drawn matches one of the numbers you chose in your card or on multiple cards.|
|House edge||The expected profit for a casino or lottery on average for every Keno game. Essentially, it’s the advantage the house has over the player.|
|Live keno||A live version of the classic Keno game. The main difference is that multiple players compete in the same Keno draw.|
|Lottery keno||A traditional Keno game held at a brick-and-mortar lottery.|
|Multiplier||A special feature found in some online Keno games that allows the player to multiply their classic Keno payouts if certain conditions are met.|
|Progressive jackpot||A unique jackpot system for Keno games. The jackpot (top prize) increases every round until one player wins it.|
|Random number generator||A special computer algorithm that is used to draw between random numbers in multiple gambling games, including Keno. The random number generator ensures the fairness and integrity of the game.|
|Split ticket||When you place different wagers on two or more number groups within the same Keno ticket.|
|Spot||The term “spot” refers to each of the numbers chosen by a player.|
|Superball||A unique variation of the classic Keno game, where you get your payouts multiplied x4 if you hit the last number in the draw.|
|Ticket||The Keno card or “ticket” is a grid of the 80 available Keno numbers, where each player marks their number selection.|
|Video keno||The modern version of Keno, most often found in online and land-based casinos. In video Keno, only one player participates in the game against a computer.|
|Way ticket||A unique type of Keno ticket that allows you to place multiple different bets on the same game.|
|Win cap||The maximum amount of money a single player can win during each Keno game. Some casinos or online Keno games will have higher win caps than others.|
Online Keno Variants
With modern Keno being available in multiple online casinos, several variations of the game have emerged over the past few years. Here are some of the most common variants you’ll find in online Keno casinos in Canada:
This is the classic version of the game that made it popular centuries ago. Essentially, the player needs to mark down their favourite numbers on a Keno ticket, and if the numbers match with the ones in the draw, the player wins variable prizes.
Each Keno ticket allows the player to pick up to a specific number set – usually up to 20 numbers. However, a player can choose to play multiple tickets or split their wagers into different number groups in the same game. If a player gets lucky and matches all 20 numbers, they will win grand prizes.
40 Ball Keno
40 Ball Keno is a very interesting variant of the classic Keno game that basically cuts the entire game in half. In a 40-Ball Keno game, the grid consists of only 40 numbers instead of the regular 80, and the players can only choose up to 10 numbers rather than 20 on regular Keno.
The benefit of 40 Ball Keno is that it’s a lot faster, as the computer or machine has to draw half the numbers compared to the classic variation. This allows you to play more rounds and have more fun in an online or land-based casino.
Super & Power Keno
Super Keno and Power Keno are two very similar variations of classic Keno. They follow the same basic rules, but each has a unique aspect. In Super Keno, if the first ball of the draw is a “hit” for the player, their total payout will be quadrupled. Similarly, in Power Keno, the player will earn a 4x multiplier on any payout if they “catch” the last ball drawn.
These special Keno variants spice up the game and provide an additional thrill when the player hits the game’s unique conditions and wins more money.
Caveman Keno is a popular variation of online Keno that is themed around the prehistoric era and has an old-school look and feel. The basic rules of the game are identical to classic Keno, with 80 numbers on the grid and up to 10 picks for the player.
What differentiates Caveman Keno from classic Keno is the addition of three dinosaur eggs in the draw. These eggs are essentially multipliers that will increase your total payout significantly. In fact, if you catch all three egg multipliers, you’ll enjoy a nice 10x boost to your winnings.
Superball Keno is another special variant of regular Keno with a unique feature. During the end of each round, a special Superball number drops as the 20th draw. Any player who matches the Superball number will earn a multiplier of x4 on any amount they win.
Superball Keno is very similar to Power Keno since both games feature a special final ball. You can usually find Superball Keno games in most online casinos in Canada, as well as several brick-and-mortar locations.
Cleopatra Keno is another Keno variation with a special theme and a distinct feature. The entire game is themed around Ancient Egypt, which is a fan-favourite setting in many gambling games. Additionally, the game has a special feature that you can trigger if you hit the last ball of the draw.
This feature is a bonus game with 12 additional draws, which gives you a huge chance to win large amounts of money. Plus, any payouts from the 12 bonus rounds are doubled. If you’re ever feeling lucky, you should definitely try out Cleopatra Keno in your preferred online Keno casino.
Multi Card Keno
As the name suggests, Multi Card Keno is a variation of the classic online Keno game, where you get the chance to play with more than one card at the same game. In fact, you can use up to 20 different cards for each round. While it might seem intimidating to handle so many tickets, you don’t have to play all of them if you don’t want to.
The benefit, though, is that multiple cards give you additional chances to win and can be very profitable for veteran Keno players with detailed strategies.
4 Card Keno
4 Card Keno is basically a subcategory of Multi Card Keno, where you can play up to 4 cards per game. All the other rules are identical to regular Keno, but you have access to four cards, which you can toggle between during the game.
4 Card Keno is an excellent choice for those who want to play multiple Keno tickets but feel overwhelmed by the options of Multi Card Keno. Additionally, since this game restricts players to four cards, there are way more strategies available online to help you win.
Free Online Keno
The good thing about modern online casinos in Canada is that anyone can sign up for free and enjoy their game catalogue. Most, if not all, online Keno games you’ll find will be free to enter and won’t require you to download any additional software.
This means that you won’t have to pay any additional money to play the game, except for any amount you want to wager on the actual Keno card.
With the rise in popularity of live dealer games, software providers are adding more and more live tables of traditional casino games. If you’re lucky, you may come across Live Keno games, where a live host calls out the numbers as they’re drawn out.
The benefit of Live Keno is that you can play together with multiple players around the world. Plus, most tables have a chat function, which you can use to talk to other players or the host.
Keno Odds Table And Payouts
Similar to most gambling games, Keno has its own rules for payouts. Depending on how many spots you play, you usually need around half of them to hit in order to win any prize. Keep in mind that the more numbers you play, the lower the chance of you hitting all of them.
Another aspect of Keno payouts you should remember is the house edge. Whether it’s online or offline, every Keno game will have a specific percentage of house edge. For instance, a Keno game with a 7% house edge assumes you’ll lose $7 for every $100 you wager in the long term. Similarly, a 4% house edge means you only lose $4 for every $100 in Keno tickets.
The following table shows your odds of winning Keno prizes and the catches you need for every number of spots:
|Number of spots (1-10)||Hits needed||Odds of winning any prize|
|1||1||25% (1 in 4)|
|2||2||5.9% (1 in 17)|
|3||2||12.5% (1 in 8)|
|4||2||6.67% (1 in 15)|
|5||3||8.33% (1 in 12)|
|6||3||12.5% (1 in 8)|
|7||3||16.67% (1 in 6)|
|8||4||7.7% (1 in 13)|
|9||4||11.1% (1 in 9)|
|10||5||5% (1 in 20)|
Online Keno Bonus & Associated Bonus Terms
One advantage of online Keno is that you can utilize all the bonuses and promos from online casinos in Canada. Some online casino games will have tailor-made promotions and bonuses, but Keno isn’t usually among them. Still, you can enjoy most standard casino bonuses, including:
- Deposit Matches: Casinos will usually offer you a percentage of your deposit as additional funds. These percentages typically range from 50% to 200% and can be a great option for those on a low budget.
- Bonus Tokens: Some casinos will provide players with free tokens to use on certain games, including Keno. This is a risk-free way for players to try out a new game and see if they enjoy it.
- Cashback Rewards: Certain casino providers cashback bonuses that will offer a small percentage of your deposits or losses as cashback every day or week, which you can utilize however you want.
Remember that every online casino bonus comes with specific terms & conditions, including rollover requirements, which you should be familiar with before you claim them.
Top Online Keno Software Providers
Since different casinos collaborate with different software providers, each provider should have a varied catalogue of games. Some of the best online Keno games from leading software providers include:
|Rival Gaming||Vegas Jackpot Keno|
|Realtime Gaming||RTG Keno|
|Mascot Gaming||Amaterasu Keno|
Online Keno Tips & Strategies
Despite online Keno being a luck-based game, there are strategies you can utilize to increase your chances of being profitable in the long run. These tips include general guidelines on how to properly play online gambling games, as well as specific Keno tricks that’ll help you win more.
- Pick The Right Keno Variation For You: As previously mentioned, you’ll find tons of Keno variations in online casinos in Canada. You should always research them and see which one fits your needs better. Alternatively, stick to classic Keno games if you don’t want to mess with additional rules.
- Choose Games With Reduced House Edge: Most players tend to lose a lot of money in online Keno because they bet on games with a huge house edge. You always want to look for Keno games with a low house edge, as it will give you a higher chance of being profitable in the long run.
- Find The Ideal Selection Of Number Spots: One of the most important aspects of Keno is how many spots you play. Since Keno is essentially a random game of numbers, certain spot selections are more profitable long-term. Most veteran Keno players agree that four to eight number spots are an ideal mix of good winning odds and decent payouts.
- Stop Focusing On Huge Jackpots: Many new Keno players usually focus on games with huge progressive jackpots and keep betting on them even when they lose. While winning a large jackpot is always satisfying, your best bet for making a profit with Keno is to look for small, consistent payouts.
- Ensure You Have A Proper Bankroll: This is a key strategy for any online gambling game. Always keep a large bankroll and bet only a small percentage of it every time you want to play. Additionally, set a loss limit for every session and stick to it! Sometimes, it’s better to just stop playing if you lose instead of looking for a big win and risking more.
Is Keno Legal In Canada?
Since the official legalization of gambling in Canada a few decades ago, Keno has been among the most popular gambling games in the Great North. However, until recently, Canadians were only allowed to play Keno in land-based casinos and lotteries.
Several Canadian provinces have allowed online gambling as early as 2004. However, the opening of the first legal online gambling market in Ontario in 2022 paved the way for more casino providers to offer multiple online games like Keno.
Today, Canadians can enjoy their favourite Keno games legally in several brick-and-mortar locations, including land-based casinos, as well as multiple online casino providers.
Classic Offline vs Modern Online Keno: Which One To Choose
Over the past few years, more and more casino games have moved online, where more players have access to them, and Keno is no different. A game that started hundreds of years ago can now be enjoyed by everyone in online casinos around the world.
In essence, there are no significant rule differences between online Keno and classic offline Keno. Some online Keno variations will have unique rules and features that spice up the gameplay and make for a more enjoyable overall experience.
What makes online Keno stand out as the best choice for most players is its wide availability. You can basically play online Keno anywhere in the world, as long as you have a computer or mobile phone. Plus, online Keno games are free to enter, meaning you won’t have to pay any additional fees except for any money you want to wager.
The advantages of offline and online Keno can be summarized in the table below.
|Online Keno||Offline Keno|
|Accessed by anyone with a mobile device or computer||Only available in land-based casinos and lotteries|
|Games are faster since numbers are drawn using RNG||Slower games since an air machine draws the numbers|
|You must make an online deposit to play||You can play with cash|
|Usually have a lower house edge||Normally feature a higher house edge|
|Several promos & bonuses for new and existing online casino players.||Little to no additional bonuses|
Conclusion: Online Keno Offers An Exciting Mix Of Game Show And Lottery
The classic game of Keno has always been popular, and now it’s even more accessible via Keno casino and gambling sites. You can play Keno games online for free or with real money, allowing you to practice and to enjoy the fun of the game faster, and easier, than offline Keno games found at land-based casinos. Pick from any of our recommended keno casinos to get a complete gambling experience, complete with a vast selection of games to choose from. Plus, you get access to amazing promos and offers, including a lucrative welcome bonus. So, what are you waiting for? Sign up and start enjoying the best Keno games online today!
FAQs: Top Online Keno Casinos In Canada 2023
Keno is a popular gambling game that’s been around for centuries. The aim of the game is to pick the correct numbers and win prizes. You choose a few specific numbers, and a machine or computer draws a random selection of numbers. If your numbers match the ones in the draw, you win large prizes.
In general, online Keno is available for free to anyone with an account in an online casino. This means that you won’t pay any added fees to enter the game. You only need to pay the amount you’re wagering on each Keno ticket.
Most online casinos offer generous welcome bonuses, as well as ongoing promos for existing players. While you probably won’t find Keno-specific bonuses, you can still utilize all the casino offers to gain additional funds to play with.
Keno is primarily a game of luck and should be treated as such. However, there are a few small tips and tricks that may help you win more consistently. For example, it’s believed that the ideal number selection for good odds and payout rates is between four and eight numbers.
Similar to most casino games, Keno is perfectly legal for Canadians to play. You can find several Keno games in land-based casinos and lotteries, or you can choose to play in one of many Keno online casinos in Canada.